Welcome to the third and 2017’s final installment of ‘5 things that have recently made me happy’! We’re only a mere few days away from Christmas and to be honest, I could happily list this as all of the five things that have recently made me happy.
1. 2018! I know, it sounds a bit funny – 2018 is not really in the past, is it? – but I am so excited for 2018. This past year has been a year of personal growth for me, and it’s taken me until now to see the positive aspects I have gained from all the horribly low times I have had for the past year and a bit. I’m so excited for what’s to come and I’m ready to tackle it all!
2. Reading. In an attempt to get a better night’s sleep, I have been really trying to read more – both in general and before I go to bed. It’s easy to choose a film over making the effort to get through a couple more pages but I’ve been loving getting back into it. I would like to read a lot more throughout the next year and incorporate more book-related content into the blog.
3. Vlogmas. There’s just something about witnessing people’s life in the run-up to Christmas that makes me feel cosy and comfortable and happy. I love making a cup of tea at the end of the day and watching all the Vlogmasses that have landed in my subscription box that day. Favourites of this year include Zoella, Sunbeamsjess, Katie Snooks, Gi Fletcher and Samantha Maria.
4. A little change of scenery. As you’re reading this, I’ve gone away for a couple of weeks and won’t be back in the UK until early January. After a hectic, eventful year, I am so excited for a change of scenery, clearing my head and recuperating for the new year.
5. A little smile and chat. I’ve recently had two really lovely chats with some sales assistants. The first one was with a lovely chap who works at my local Starbucks, he is always so smiley and lovely, it just adds that little bit of extra to their customer service. The other one were two ladies working in Boots at Gatwick Airport, with whom I had a great chat about singing like nobody’s listening and how great Queen B is. Both instances really brightened my days and made me feel quite chipper!
’til next time x